My Freshman year of college is coming to an end. Although the reality of this has yet to sink in, I’ve begun reminiscing over this past year. I’ve loved it for many different reasons and learned many different things throughout the school year. These include-
1. School work, even at college, really can be fun. Example- Radio and TV Broadcasting, English 2010, Comm 1010, Nutrition, etc.
2. A fun group of friends can make the best out of any situation.
3. I love going on hikes. I never really knew that until this year.
4. Don’t attempt handstands after doing Ethan’s arm and chest workout.. You will crash and burn.
5. Sometimes, a white pair of pants is sweet. Seriously, they can be pretty cool. Who’d of thought?
6. I was lucky enough make a ton of AWESOME friends here at SUU. To everyone I know here at SUU- It really was great getting to know you. Even if it was only for a little while, I really did enjoy it.
Now, I learned many other things throughout the year, but there are WAY too many to list. All I know is that I am extremely lucky for the experiences I’ve had while at SUU my freshman year. I was lucky enough to be a part of this blog, as well as the Presidential Ambassadors program. I was able to give over 30 tours to potential students for SUU and tell them why I personally love the school. I was able to start my own real radio show on Power91. Although college life does have ups and downs, I’ve loved it here at SUU. While I am going on a LDS Mission for the next two years, I’m already excited to continue on my education, and my life, here at SUU.
Thank you to my parents for helping me go to college here at SUU, SUU itself for all of the awesome opportunities I’ve had in my freshman year, and thank you for reading. It means a lot to me.
Now, if you want to keep reading, I have some exciting news below.
As a part of my TV Broadcasting class, we had freedom for our final project to do whatever we wanted. I decided that I wanted to make a short action parody movie, and then began filming. My ambition took over however, and I ended up creating a 15 minute movie instead of the required 2-5 minutes. Because of this time and effort put into my film, I decided to enter it into the Thunderbird Film Festival, and…. I was lucky enough to receive the first place award.
At this time I’d like to give a giant thanks to everyone that helped out. We spent a massive amount of time on this film, and I like the way it turned out. My friends and I all got together and had the “Premiere Showing” tonight, and it was great.
So thank you to everyone who had a part in my film, big or small. I really appreciate what you did for me. You are the best.
So, without keeping you waiting any longer, here is my short (15 minute) action parody film, complete with fighting, a super evil bad guy, bad Chinese lip dubbing, and many other jokes.
It’s, “The Epic Movie!”
I hope you enjoyed it!