Well, school is back in session for us all. It is so hard to get back into the swing of things after two or three weeks of freedom from classes, homework, and chaos. But, never fear, because I’m here to provide you with ten tips to give you new life this semester.
1. Make a schedule. For me, having a planner saves my life. There’s no way I would remember everything I need to do or everywhere I need to be without writing it down or putting it in my phone.
2. Join a new club. By spring semester, even though you have new classes, everything can start to seem monotonous and boring. Find something you’re interested in and join in on campus festivities! You’ll meet new people and add some excitement to your life.
3. Take care of yourself. Get enough sleep, drink water, and try not to buy too much fast food. You’ll feel better and have more energy to get things done.
4. Grab opportunities. It’s time to start planning what you’re going to do this summer, so if you see an internship or camp job you’re interested in, try applying for it. You don’t want to wait until the last minute.
5. Set goals. It’s a new year, a new semester, and a new start. Just remember to make your goals SMART – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Make a checklist of things you can do each week to bring you closer to your goals.
6. Evaluate the past. Consider what, if anything, set you back during the fall (not going to class, procrastinating homework, staying up too late) and correct those mistakes.
7. Give yourself time to have fun. Get all your homework done before Friday night or even if you don’t, let yourself take a break to go hang out with some friends. Or get things done by 8 on weeknights to do the same thing, or even just watch Netflix.
8. Get dressed up. As college students with early classes, it’s easy to wake up, throw on sweatpants, and run out the door. On test days, try getting a little more ready. It will help you feel more confident and really ace that test.
9. Take an outdoor class. With the weather warming up soon, it can help break up the blandness of classes to take one that will get you outside. SUU offers classes like snowboarding, horsemanship, and scuba diving, to name a few.
10. Make a plan for spring break. One thing you don’t want to miss out on in college is an incredible spring break trip. With California, Las Vegas, and so many national and state parks close by, there are tons of sweet places to go. Start planning now because that week will sneak up on you!
Here’s to hoping for an AWESOME spring semester!